Thursday, July 15, 2010

First time in the pool




We decided to take Carter to the pool today to see how he would do in water. On Saturday my friend Mary is having a pool party for her 2 year old little girl. I was worried how Carter might do so we did a sort of test drive today. Poor baby, the swimming diapers are too big. However I did rig them so that they stay up. Colter, our nephew, is 4 months older than Carter. Colter's mom gave us a lot of 0-3 month clothes including a bathing suit. Thank goodness because I couldn't find a swim suit that small. It is a little big on him but not too bad. He looked so cute in his swimming gear, the hat I bought for him makes me laugh. We also have a sling for the water that is SPF protected. My mother-in-law bought it for us and it worked out so great. We put baby suntan lotion, SPF 100 (I didn't know they made that). He did really well, just looking around and enjoying it. Then the next thing I knew I look down and he was asleep. Goofy boy! Carter woke up and started screaming because he was hungry, we knew it was time to leave. I can't wait to get him back in the water this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment