Friday, July 9, 2010

6 weeks old...





Last Saturday night, July 5th, we decided to go to Chris' Aunt Vickie and Uncle Chris' house to watch the UFC fight. Yes, I actually like watching those fights, guilty pleasure. However, I had doubts about bringing Carter because of his colic. I went back and forth about going, I really didn't want him to throw a fit the whole time we were there. I decided to bring him and hope for the best. I noticed the night before that he really liked his swaddle blanket. Chris and I are both terrible swaddlers, he kicks his feet out and the blanket just falls apart. I did remember that my mother in law bought us a swaddle blanket that you Velcro him in. He loved it. I brought it with us hoping if he started a fit I will wrap him in the blanket. Surprisingly I really didn't need it, he was pretty good (slept most of the time), and no fuss! The next day for the 4th we tried to go watch fireworks. We went and found a spot near Lake Ray Hubbard, we live in Rockwall next to the lake. We sat there forever but no fireworks. We saw some really far away and thought maybe that's it. We decided to leave because we couldn't see them. On the way home we see a sign saying the fireworks on the lake were canceled, of course thats just our luck!
The next few nights he was still fussy, but not nearly as bad as he had been. He did still sound congested so we agreed it was time to take him to the doctor to make sure he was fine. We got there and they weighed him. He was 10 lbs. 3 oz. I couldn't believe it. He is getting so big! He is now in his 0-3 mo. clothes and size one diapers. Anyways, we told the doctor about the fuss and his congestion.
Chris was dead set that he was congested and that's why he has been fussy. I 100% believed it was colic. The doctor told us it sounds like colic. He thinks that Carter isn't breaking down protein in his formula, but there is no way for sure to know what causes colic and how to fix it. He did recommend we switch him to Similac Alimentum. It's been a week now and I think it is working. I was worried at first that it wasn't but he said it might take a week. Now that it's been a week he seems to be doing better. Last night was the first night since he's been colic that he has slept through the night. It was so great! He only woke up for feedings and went straight to sleep. I really hope I'm not jinxing myself and hope this continues.
Chris' mom and dad came into town this weekend and it was nice to have guests. We had a wedding to go to on Saturday so they agreed to come visit and watch him for us. On Friday night his mom offered to take Carter that night so we could get some rest. I was debating whether we should or not.
On one had it would be great to have the rest on the other had I didn't want it to seem like we were pawning our kid off.
Karen insisted on taking him and said she didn't mind so we said yes. I'm so glad we did, it is the first night in 6 weeks we have slept though the night with no interruptions. I'm so thankful Karen took him, thanks Karen!!!!
Saturday was the first time we left Carter for a long period of time, but I had to go to Alexis' wedding. She has been a good friend of mine since I was 16. She looked so beautiful!!!!! Her whole wedding was gorgeous. She had it at the Dallas Arboretum. If you have never been there you must visit sometime. That is where Chrisand I had our engagement photos done.
I was so worried because it was an outside wedding and it had been sprinkling that day. Chris and I arrived about 30 min early and noticed it was lightlysprinkling. I was praying it would stop, and it did!!! Thank goodness, everything was perfect. However, they do say rain on your wedding day is good luck! I'm so happy for the two of them!!!

1 comment:

  1. Tiff - you look so stinkin' cute it's not fair! Are you sure you just popped out a kid?

    ReplyDelete