Friday, February 10, 2012

It's been a while!!!

It's been almost two years since I was on my blog. Can you believe it Carter will be two in June. Well I decided to get back on the blog site to include family and friends in our lives and help as a stress reliever for mommy. I really love writing, however I got really busy right after I started blogging. As new mommy and going back to work, it was just too difficult keep up with the blogging. Well I am back and hopefully I can keep up with it this time around.

How's Carter? Well he is amazing, he's walking, talking, and just simply wild. He's had a crazy ride his first 20 months. A lot of sickness, multiple strep throat, 2 stomach viruses, RSV (twice), pneumonia, and many many ear infections. CRAZY!!!! He did go to Cook Children's Pediatric Surgery Center last week and had two tubes put in his ears. He is doing great, wilder than ever. He is also listening better and his word are more clear now that it doesn't feel like he is hearing underwater.

Yes, Yes the migraines are still here. Every single morning!!! I have tried every medicine possible, acupuncture ( I know don't laugh), chiropractor, I even tried 30 shots of Botox in my head and neck. The Botox did help with it a little, but they were still there. I haven't done the Botox in a while mainly do to price. It's $350 every 3 months if I've already met my deductible(other wise it's $750). I will say even though my migraines are everyday they aren't as painful as a year ago.

So how's work? Do I even need to go there? Well I teach two resource remedial math classes and still have inclusion( help in a general ed classroom)classes. The paperwork for special ed. has always been intense, but this year it's beyond anything we can handle. I feel like I am doing two different peoples jobs in an 8 hour day. Needless to say this will be my last year of teaching. I will miss many students and the people I work with, however I need watch my stress level and stay home with Carter.
My stress is out of control due to work. Since having Carter I have lost 47 pounds (26 of it was baby weight). I know how ridiculous do I sound,"Why are you complaining about losing weight?" I'm losing it quick and I'm not trying. My appetite isn't there, which makes me tired all of the time. I could tell something wasn't right, not to mention my hair was falling out like crazy. I went to the doctor and they did find out that I have a thyroid disorder. I am on medication and have notice a small changed my appetite has improved a little and my hair isn't falling out.... as much. The only other thing my doctor could think of contributing to this is my stress level. I know I will continue to have stress if I do not work, however that will be an elephant size weight off of my shoulders. I feel like I am drowning and there is nobody there to save me. Even though I am not coming back to work next year I still can't shake the feeling. It's because I don't want to do bad at my job even though it doesn't matter anymore. I shouldn't invest so much time, I won't be there next year, but it's not so easy. I do absolutely love some of these kids and I love my co-workers. I just can't do it anymore.

I want to end on a happy note. Being home with Carter is what I truly believe I am meant to do. I never knew I could love somebody so much, he is amazing. He brings so much joy into mine and Chris' life. Of course I'm going to mention my husband, I didn't forget about him. He is so great. With all of my migraines and other health issues he really has stepped up to help out.... a lot. He is AMAZING with Carter. Carter is so obsessed with him, I go pick him up from school and he smiles and hugs me, but the first thing out of his mouth is "Dada?'. Really?!? He just really loves his daddy.

I'm still going to make this blog about my family to share. However, I am so obsessed with Pintrest. So I will post from time to time all of the amazing things I find on there to this blog. Especially, the fashion!!!! If you know me, you know I can shop for hours and spend next to nothing so I'm going to share this!!!!!


Happy Reading!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the update and love you, sista! Take care of yourself and that beautiful baby boy! AOE <3

    ReplyDelete