Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Overview of our summer

Well it's been a crazy summer! I was hoping to get back to blogging but just couldn't find the time. Every summer I've stayed home with Carter and it's been fine. Well I decided to stay at home with Carter and not go back to work. However this has been the most challenging summer. Carter is definitely in the terrible 2's. I thought when he was 1 1/2 he was in that stage, I was wrong. Two has been a challenge, one minute he's an angle and the next he's throwing a fit for no reason at all. They get so bad sometimes I don't know what to do. We do the timeout thing and it will work sometimes, he'll apologize say what he did wrong. But other times I can't get through to him and he throws such a huge fit I can't get him into time out cause he's throwing a fit and he's so big now I can't pick him up in that state. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!!!!

Other than the fits it's been great being home. Three times a week we go to Gymboree classes which he loves, and we go to the library on Wednesday for story time. He loves going to these places, but he gets so shy around the kids. That's the one regret I have about taking him out of daycare. He was pretty good about being arounds kids. Now that he's in a bigger class at Gymboree he can go twice a week to the classes and to an open gym play time. Which I hope helps him being around kids more. Any suggestions with socializing him more would be great as well.

It took long enough but I'm finally on a good schedule with Carter and still having time to clean the house. It was a struggle at first because Carter always wants to help with the cleaning ( he made the house worse if he was trying to help me lol). Now that Chris found a new job and he is out of the house I get more done.

Chris got a great new job in Addison. He was working at home before which I would find my self visiting with him more than cleaning while Carter was taking a nap. It's such a great place for him to work. They are family oriented which was important. Carter and I are going next week to his work Halloween party during the day. They cater food and give out prizes for costume it's pretty cool. The also have box seats to American Airlines center, you can sign up to get tickets. We signed up for the Mav's game so hopefully it's not reserved by the executives that night.

We are looking at different places to live since Chris took a job in Addison. It's not a terrible commute, but we wanted to move even before he got this job. Now we are trying to figure out where we want to live. We are thinking about Little Elm, Frisco or possibly North Dallas. I think we will sell our house and rent for a bit to see if we like a certain area. We don't want to get in an area were we don't know anybody either. We had that problem out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment