Monday, August 9, 2010

Austin bound to first time shots



Last week we were in Austin to visit Chris' parents. We had such a great time with Chris' mom and dad, they just love Carter to death. I noticed while we were there that Carter started cooing more. It was so cute, he is talker now. While we were there he was making you work for his smiles. He didn't give it up easy, but this week man he is laughing like crazy. I love seeing his personality grow.
On a different note, Carter got his first set of shots last week. I think it hurt me more than it hurt him. When she stuck him the first time I had tears in my eyes. I hated hearing him cry due to his shots. When they were finished we picked him up and he immediately stopped crying. I know we had more shots to go, but I don't think it will get any better for me.
We put Carter in his bumbo for the first time two days ago. He seemed to like it a lot. He can't sit in it more than a few minutes, I don't think his muscles are strong enough yet. We have been putting him in the bumbo for the past 3 hoping hoping to strengthen his muscles. I hope it works because right now he doesn't like tummy time. I think it has to due with his acid reflux. I was reading that when they have reflux they don't like pressure on their tummy's.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy any and all grandparent time - inevitably that's when they'll move on to the next stepping stone. For some reason your kiddo will do amazing things for his grandparents that he won't dare do for you. Mark my words ;)

    ReplyDelete